This year, I've been trying to be a better celebrator of holidays. We actually had a party with friends for New Year's, made valentines for Valentine's Day, and now for St. Patrick's Day I made hot chocolate and brownies!
What does that have to do with St. Patrick's Day you ask? Well, absolutely nothing, really. But they were good!
I think I redeemed myself though because I remembered to dress all the kids in green. Okay, I'll give Talea the credit for that. She was so determined to NOT get a pinch from her dad that she actually reminded me about the whole green clothes scheme, and Daddy forgot! HE was the one to get a pinch!
I actually hardly have any green clothes for the kids, and didn't know it until I was looking for something green.
The green scarf on Lola saved Kiersa's hide from a pinch.
Paisli was safe, and slobbish!
Hyatt's stripe was all that we could manage to find to preserve him from certain pinching pain. But a stripe is all you need, thank goodness.
Talea (oops, forgot to take a picture of her shirt) was lucky enough to have plenty of green.
I had high hopes of making a chia-shamrock (but cutting the sponge was as far as I got),
reading the kids green eggs and ham (but I got busy and forgot to do it),
and making corned beef and cabbage (but buying a cabbage was as far as I got with that). Craigo's take-and-bake pizza sounded a whole lot easier, and yummier!
Hmmm, 1 out of 4 isn't bad for a beginner, is it?
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What?! A Chia shamrock! I want one!
So glad to see you getting good at holidays. I guess now we can hang out! ;)
Forget the corned beef and cabbage - it's a myth. And I know because I've actually been to Ireland, unlike most of the people claiming to to have Irish ancestry in America.
Post a Comment