Sunday, March 7, 2010

UTAH OR BUST

We've discovered that we can take a van load of students down to Utah for a weekend and they will pay for our visit plus provide us with a little much-needed income.

We took 7 college kids down with us this weekend. Our 3 oldest kids rode with Grandma Sheri down to Teresa's house, and Paisli and I tagged along with the college crowd. After dropping off someone, we picked up Hyatt and Kiersa, but left Talea to play with her cousins.

Omar was having his 1st birthday party (he's just a few weeks younger than Paisli), and Whitnee and Anna were down there, so we made a trip to Utah for the weekend.

We found that:

Orem now has a Stonehenge.

Paisli is still waaaay bigger than Marlee. Mar's such a petite little thing!

When we go shopping, there is never room in the cart for anything since it's loaded with kids.

Tana joined the ranks of the owners of the always amazing, fabulous, can't-live-without, best-baby-gear-I-ever-bought, Phil & Teds stroller. Omar will love it! But Tana and Levi will love it more, I suspect.

Omar's party was chillier than anticipated, but it was still great fun and so cute to see him delicately pick at his gluten-free cake.

Omar and Paisli are more each other's size than Paisli and Marlee.


After Omar's party, we headed up to Teresa's where Hyrum's entire family (minus David's little fam...the party poopers), got together. We went swimming, but I had to borrow Teresa's swimsuit, which is a halter top, and all I have to say is...my bust was NOT made for that kind of suit. Yuck! She gave me a T-shirt to wear over it, but it was white, so you can imagine that no one really had to guess how far my bust really has fallen. LOVE that I wore non-waterproof mascara! Everyone was jealous of my gothic eyes, I'm sure.

Hyrum had pink eye (graciously given to him by my girls when they had it last month...yes, it turned out that is was indeed pink eye, though the most mild cases I've ever seen), so he stayed out of the water...

...until Kiersa fell over backward in the wading area and couldn't right herself without swallowing half the pool. I was distracted with Talea and Paisli, so Hyrum had to go dashing in the pool up to his knees to pull her out. Yep, he wore wet shoes the rest of the weekend. That'll teach him not to dress down next time!

It's SO nice living closer to Utah so we can see Hyrum's Johnson and Smith family members more often. We had such a great time and will be able to see them at least once a month now, rather than once a year!

3 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

that stonehenge place is SO snooty! my grama needed a place to go after her heart surgery so we were going to put her there and they treated her like she was the scum of the earth. have you met my grandmother!? she is the sweetest person i have ever met in my life! how could anyone treat her like that!?

The Lanyons said...

Love the Stonehenge! A bit of Vegas in Utah!

Teresa Jolley said...

Those pictures of swimming were mine that I took. You can thank me later, with papa Murphy's or something. ;)