Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TRIPLE THE FUN

You may remember the triple bunk we decided to build for the kids' room. We saw this picture online
And thought it shouldn't be too hard to build ourselves for much less.

The last time you saw pictures of our work, it looked like this

Here is the finished product. It serves as a jungle gym for the kids also, so the beds are never made. Oh well.
We painted it white since I'm a fan of white rather than wood (especially cheap pine lumber). I think it looks better white than the original wood we saw it as.
We guessed at the dimensions and such, and we did pretty darn good, except that we forgot to take out the thickness of each 4"x4" footboard and headboard when measuring, so each bed is 8 inches too long for the mattresses. By the time we assembled it in the house and noticed our error, we had no desire to fix it, so it's staying that way...for a while.

4 comments:

John-Maren Goodman said...

I actually had fun sleeping in the top bunk the last time I visited! I only didn't like getting up and down through out the night because my kids were restless sleepers!~ Hy did a great job on those and I do love them in White!

Jenn said...

Wow, nice job! It looks fantastic!!

The "Eck's" Files said...

take your extra 8 inches and build a bookshelf/holder place for those things they take to bed...books, spiderman, stuffed animals, flashlight, ect....

The Lanyons said...

I think yours looks better than the original! I love the white.