Now that I've gotten brave enough to have my kids help with more chores, I seem to have gone hog wild taking advantage of their eagerness:
Kiersa's unloading silverware now.
The three oldest are folding, sorting, and rotating laundry for me, although sometimes with disastrous results. I didn't notice that Kiersa had tossed one of her nighttime Pull-Ups into the laundry until AFTER the wash cycle. It looked like it had snowed in the washer! What a mess! White, pellet-like "stuff" was coating the interior of the washer, and after removing the clothes and shaking them off, it was then covering the outside of the washer, the floor, the hampers, and me. An absolute nightmare!!! This picture doesn't do it justice. (It did come all clean after a second wash cycle, just so you know.)
But even though there are the occasional mishaps while having kids help me, I'm glad I finally gave in and gave them more responsibility. It really does help in the end and hopefully they'll grow up to be hard workers.
Or, they may end up with bad habits like me. I have the worst habit of sweeping piles,
then getting distracted before going off to find the dustpan, then coming back hours, or sadly even days, later to find the piles scattered.
It really is a problem. I think it happens 9 out of 10 times that I sweep. You'd think I'd learn my lesson!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
They're so good to actually HELP you. When my kids "help" things often end up worse off causing me MORE work.
Post a Comment