When we moved in, we ripped out a cabinet between the living room and the dining room to make more room for our dining table.
This is what was there before (a bookcase/telephone place thingy). It's the thing on the left that sticks into the room. (Actually, we ripped out the cabinets you see on the right also.)
Here it is from the other side (on the right in the foreground).
Since then, we've had an 18" gap in the sheetrock. It's been almost 4 months and I finally got some scrap pieces of sheetrock to patch it with (courtesy of a woman in my ward who was remodeling her bathroom and had remnants). I'm pretty proud of the job I did considering I did it absolutely by myself. I even had to cut holes for the plug and phone cord and move them to the bottom of the wall rather than the middle of the wall where they were. I even taped the seams! Now it's time for the torturous part of mudding and sanding. I also cut a piece of crown to fit, but don't look too close because I didn't do that great, but it'll do for me! It just needs paint.
Taking it out really opened the room and gave us room for our table. I just wish it would mud/sand itself. Such a nasty project.
Final pictures to come when I'm done.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What?! You cut the crown thingy? Don't you need a degree in math to do that? It's so hard!!
Acually Tiana I took out those cabinets. :)
Post a Comment