Kiersa got some kind of weird eye infection the day before Paisli's birthday.
We suspected pink eye, but it wasn't as gross and horrible as pink eye usually is. I thought I'd have to take her in to the doctor on Paisli's birthday, which I thought was ironic: upstaging Paisli's 1st birthday with an illness just as Paisli had upstaged Kiersa's 1st birthday by coming home from the hospital on that day.
It ended up going away on it's own though, so no doctor visit.
Paisli got the attention on her birthday to herself. Paisli's birthday is a popular birthday too.
It's Abraham Lincoln's birthday, and my brother Dane's, and my niece Sabreena's.
And since it's on the 12th, it's only 2 days before Valentine's and Kiersa's birthday. That's right. My youngest 2 are only 363 days apart, and no, we didn't plan it that way.
Paisli was an 8 pound 4 ounce surprise.
She was my easiest labor and delivery, yet my biggest baby.
To me, she was my cutest newborn, because usually my newborns look like trolls until they're a bit older.
In my family, it's tradition that you don't have to do any work on your birthday. I think that a baby turning 1 doesn't have much work to do anyway, so on Paisli's birthday, she just did things she wanted to do.
She ate crayons (until I discovered them).
She drank bottles.
She found tight places to wedge herself into.
She made a royal mess of herself while eating, and even styled her own hair with her food as hair gel.

She then got a good scrub down and we were surprised to find how long her hair is getting.
It's even long enough for the "Lila hairdo."
Since we just had traditional birthday cake a few days before, and Hyrum's not that big of a cake fan anyway, we had cherry cheesecake on her actual birthday, from a box of course! I don't do cakes from scratch at this point in my life. And since we're poor folk right now, she just got sippies for her birthday, since she'll be weaned off a bottle soon. I mean, come on, she's one. She'll never know or care that she didn't get a bunch of fun presents. Besides, her Nana, Aunt Teresa and Aunt Rachel gave her presents a few days ago! She's set.
At one year old, she can say Dog, Mama, Dada, yeah, kaka (as in gross), and I swear she repeats a bunch of words, but only does it once, so I can't be positive.
She started walking full time 3 days before her first birthday, which beats Kiersa by one day, but Tilly and Hyatt smoked her by walking at 10 and 9 months respectively.
She started walking full time 3 days before her first birthday, which beats Kiersa by one day, but Tilly and Hyatt smoked her by walking at 10 and 9 months respectively.








1 comment:
Don't let Edward know that Hyrum doesn't like cake! That's sacrilege!
I love the Lila hairdo - how do you get it to look so neat and tidy?!
Happy (belated) Birthday Paisli! I DID think of her on the day but never got to send a message.
Post a Comment