Sunday, February 14, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY!

I was still feeling guilty for not getting Hyrum anything for our anniversary, so I slipped out to Deseret Industries and Walmartto see what I could find while he was off driving  a semi with the older kids.

Hey, don't roll your eyes. We're on a super tight budget right now since we have no income other than if Hyrum finds some occasional weekend driving jobs.

I got him some candies at Walmart.

At D.I., I found a handful of great shirts! Okay, a couple were too small, but they were so stylish! I love this D.I. because it has great name brand clothes since college kids dump their clothes there when they're tired of them, and there are a ton of kids here, so the trendy moms get the name brands, and they find their way to D.I. eventually.
I tried on a couple of things while I was there, and Kiersa was amazed! I haven't tried on/bought myself clothes since Kiersa was a couple months old. Wait, I got a couple of shirts at Costco around Christmas, but you don't try those on either. She didn't know what to think of the dressing room. She was trying to rip off all her clothes to try on the things I had. Paisli just wanted to eat the tags that were lying around on the floor.

Hyrum thought ahead, as usual. He bought me some pearls from the business students on campus.
Just as I'm not usually a cut-flower person, I'm ordinarily not a jewelry person. I could happily live without jewelry...but...I do like to wear some simple pieces on occasion, since Hyrum likes it when I wear jewelry. Thankfully, Hyrum knows me inside and out and knew what I would like, though we both wished the earrings were dangly so it didn't look like I was trying to stretch my earlobes with those earring plug thingies. Still, they are pretty, and I'm fond of simple jewels like pearls, opals and turquoise.

In school, Talea made a bunch of valentines for the members of our family.
This is the most we've done for a holiday in a long time! I'm pretty proud of ourselves!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tilly, you are so dang cute and creative. I am proud of all you are learning and doing!!

The Lanyons said...

Hooray! What a celebration! You're coming over to our side!! Proud of ya!

Does Tilly go to actual school now or is she still home-schooled?

And I love thrift stores, esp. DI! It may be a bit junky and you want to wash your hands as soon as you leave but where else could you find a whole set of Standing Tall tapes and books and a wok ring - just a wok ring?

The Not-a-hoes said...

the holes in the ears are called guages and they stink!!! i have had a few friends with them and oh man! they smell worse, but compared to a corn dog stick when the corn dog is gone. bleh! anyway i love the pearls very cute!