Before we moved in, our house looked like this.
When we moved in, it looked like this.
I've been gagging over the blah, scribbled on white walls and imitation paper-oak cabinetry since we moved in. I painted most of the house beige, and I just got around to painting the horrific faux-oak trims white.
I've been debating over whether or not to paint an accent wall in my living room, but didn't know what color to use. Then...I fell in love with some red paint on the walls of my Smith mom's work-partner's house. Since I was drooling over the red color so much, she got me a can of the dazzling paint for Christmas. I had to get it up on the walls before Valentine's day!
I hated the corner cabinet and the ugly glass in it,
so I painted it and covered the glass with toille fabric.
Before putting up the red, I put up the primer. And though this gorgeous pink would be great in a little girl's room, the living room just didn't seem to be the proper place.
So three coats of red paint later, the living room looks like this:
Personally, I think it's an improvement over the original (here's a refresher of how it looked before we got it).
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love it Tiana! REALLY looks great! Such an awesome transformation!!
It is PERFECT. I love it too!!!
WOAH MY GOSH! That looks SOOOO much better. You have a serious talent! LOVE the red. And well done for getting rid of the papered-on oak - ewww!
Post a Comment