I absolutely STINK at planning for and actually celebrating events such as holidays and birthdays, so I left that in the capable hands of my creative sister-in-laws while I made cakes (from a box of course).
It was going to be a triple birthday party since Starlet was turning 3 on the 6th, Kiersa was turning 2 on the 14th, and Paisli was turning 1 on the 12th.
During all this prep, Teresa did girly stuff with Talea. She put...drum roll please... fake nails on her! **gasp!**
Hang on. Did I say nails?
Why yes, I did.
Nails!!! (Pause while the shock and amazement of my tomboy wanting to get nails done subsides.)
Talea was actually in heaven! She's finally getting into "girly" stuff now, but I'm not that girly (I'm lucky to wear make-up once, maybe twice, a week!), so having her girly Aunt Teresa come pamper her was a dream come true.
Of course Kiersa and Hyatt were enthralled just watching such fanciness happen in our house. I don't think I've painted my nails in 9 years! I've never painted my kids nails. I just hate how it chips, so why go through all the work? I'm all about long term benefits from my hard work. If the fruits of my labor aren't going to last longer than a week at least, I say forget it. Good thing for aunts who are willing to go through the labor! I'll stick to painting walls that will stay painted.
After such an exciting event (the manicure), Tilly needed a nap on her Nana.
Snapshots of some of the party-goers:
Rachel and Rocky
Being the helpful husband Hyrum is, he made tacos for dinner! (Please ignore my ugly cabinets and hideous handles. They are definitely not Hyrum's handywork! They'll get a face lift with paint this summer!)
Kitchen helpers:
Tiana and Nana
Paisli even got up the nerve to show off her new walking skills for a bit.
Teresa, Nana and Rachel went to town spoiling the girls with presents. They were very sweet! Hy and I didn't even buy a thing for any of the girls. We're holiday duds.
Here are the cakes:
Paisli's (I copied the picture of the cake on the back of the cake mix box)
Kiersa's (the turtle was Teresa's idea, then I got the chocolate idea online)
My camera died, so the rest of the pictures of Star's cake, the party, blowing out the candles...they're all on Nana's camera...and we forgot to download them before she left. I'll have to post more pictures later when I get them.
After a battery charge, I managed to get a few more pictures. We went swimming in the hotel pool and discovered our kids pretty much forgot everything we taught them about swimming last summer. Pictured top to bottom, left to right: Rachel, Hyrum, Paisli, Kiersa, Teresa, Star, Talea and Hyatt. Nana was sweet enough to watch Rocky in the hotel room.
Swimming was fun...until Kiersa pooped in her swimming diaper...and it leaked all over in the pool. What's that all about!? She hasn't pooped in her pants forever! Needless to say, she cleared the pool and the fun was over.
That night, Teresa did us a HUGE favor. She watched our kids so Hy and I could go to a late movie together. We haven't been to a movie together in...I can't remember how long. It felt GREAT to finally get a date night.
The next day, Paisli and Rocky had some bonding time.
Rocky poked Paisli in the face,
so Paisli gave him the boot.
Good times.








2 comments:
VERY, VERY fun! Those girls got spoiled...Good for them! And SUPER cute cames! So creative! Way to go Tiana!~
1)Tiana you are looking gorgeous!
2)I hope Starlet is famous when she grows up with a name like that.
3)Are those the pictures of the cakes from the cookbook? I hope so because if you say you actually made those cakes and they turned out that nice I'm going to give up baking entirely!!!
Post a Comment