We left Kiersa's sex a surprise the entire pregnancy, but since we couldn't think of any boy names, we were thrilled when our little 7 pound, 10 ounce girl arrived in the world. We had the name Kiersa Milly nailed for a girl for several months prior to her birth.
She turned 2 today!
Kiersa's birthday is on Valentine's Day, and this year it was also on a Sunday. We went to church, but she couldn't go to nursery with her mystery eye infection, so we chased her around in our classes.
After church, she opened her presents. She got a new pajama outfit, a pair of Sunday shoes since she hasn't worn shoes to church for the last year (seeing as how she'd rip them off as soon as we got in church), and some slippers for our cold floor. She even left her piggie tails in for most of the day, which is a major improvement. She hates stuff in her hair.
We found a Texas sized icicle hanging off our roof when we left for church, so after church I let the kids play with it.
It's twice as tall as Kiersa, and that's even after I accidentally broke an inch or so of the tip off!
The kids came running to see it before they'd even undressed all the way out of their church clothes and into play clothes.
Hyatt decided to test out it's sticking power. Good thing it didn't have any!
For our after-church lunch, Kiersa chose waffles. She even sang herself "Happy Birthday" with the morbid Johnson version.
At dinner, the kids wanted to take the food out of the oven. Hyatt did fine with his pan, but Talea ended up burning her arm on her pan and dumping a whole mess of tater tots on the floor. I wasn't about to start over with hungry kids already crying for food, so yes, we ate them. Hey, I had just swept!
I burned my arm in almost the exact same spot back in November, and the scar still isn't healed completly, so we put our burns together to form the letter T, since both of our names start with T.
Instead of yet another cake, we opted for brownies. Kiersa's a huge brownie fan, though I'm not. We said we needed to get candles to put in the brownies, so Kiersa ran and got a candle...from my decorations!

And no, the pig tails didn't last in her hair. It was her birthday. I wasn't going to force her to keep them in.
At 2 years old, Kiersa is finally one of the big kids. She likes to play with them and stay in the bath with them. She talks very well in full sentences and is easy to understand. She's full of quirks and is quite smart. She loves to learn and she still studies people with those big blue eyes.
She blew her candles out, but before we could pull them out of the still-hot brownies, they had melted down to the wick!
And no, the pig tails didn't last in her hair. It was her birthday. I wasn't going to force her to keep them in.
At 2 years old, Kiersa is finally one of the big kids. She likes to play with them and stay in the bath with them. She talks very well in full sentences and is easy to understand. She's full of quirks and is quite smart. She loves to learn and she still studies people with those big blue eyes.











4 comments:
YAY what a fun birthday my Kiersa!! I love you and wish I was there! Happy Birthday Cute girl!~
This little girl is really under my skin! I miss her!
HOLY ICICLES! Those dang things could kill a man!
I love Kiersa's bunches! And I'm glad to see that you got the wrinkles out of that pink dress! I have a whole new huge bag o' clothes for you that I was going to bring in April (I can mail them if we're not going to see you). Do you want tights too?
Oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kiersa! I thought of her on the day but I'm a dork about telling people happy birthday unless they have an email address!
Post a Comment