Mr. Clean Magic Erasers: For cleaning pencil, pen, permanent marker, crayon, etc off of books, walls, cabinets, etc. Pretty much gets anything off of everything. Some elbow grease required.
Easy Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner (blue can only) and dryer sheets: For cleaning my shower!
I know, sounds weird, but I had a horrible soap scum problem to tackle when I moved in to this place, and my regular cleaners weren't even scratching the surface, so I looked online for some ideas and I came across these. (Make sure it's the fume free (blue) can.)
-You just spray it on, starting in the tub and working your way up. I even spray it on the faucet/handle, but I don't know if it's okay on all metals. Works fabulously on chrome! (Test it first if you're worried.)
-Let it sit (I usually wait about a half hour or so...whenever I remember to go back to it).
-Then scrub it with a damp DRYER SHEET or three (you know, like Bounce or Gain or any ol' generic that you throw in the dryer to reduce static). Everything comes right off!! For some strange reason, the dryer sheet works better than a regular scrubber (I tested the two). It usually takes a few sheets to finish the job. Hardly any elbow grease required.
-Then just spray it off! Voila! Sparkling clean!( I had to do it twice on one shower that was SOOOOOOOO gross and crusted. The people must never have cleaned their shower.)
So give them a try and see what you think. If you know of something for removing hard water marks (off my water dispenser on the fridge or my dishes that I air dry), let me know. I have the worst hard water here!
Pumice stone: for cleaning the toilet and tub
Before (stubborn stain that never came off):
During:
After (looks new!):
My last house had a tub that was ceramic or cast iron (something that was cold and hard), and it was NASTY when I moved in. Taking a pumice stone to it made it look brand new again. I was shocked!
I've used these stones on several toilets. It seems that when I move into a house, the previous owners must never clean their toilets, because when I get to them, a regular brush cleaning never works. I have to take a pumice stone to it. One toilet I thought I'd have to throw away because it was so stained with mineral deposits, but this useful little rock made it look brand new. You can find them at Walmart (some with a little sponge thing on one side), or you can pick one up from the side of the road by Crater Lake or find them floating in Lost Creek Lake.
I don't know that it's safe on fiberglass tubs. I use the Easy Off for that. It's safe on all toilet bowls though.


2 comments:
I use vinegar and lemon juice on my hard water stains on my fridge. I actually let it sit, and may spray it a few times and the water catcher I let sit in the solution for a while. then I scrub it off with a regular cleaner. It works really nicely. I can't remember the exact measurements for it but you can look it up online.
Ooohhh. I love these kinds of posts - even if I can't find most of the products out here!
Post a Comment