I officially have laundry helpers!
Alright. I'll admit it. I'm a perfectionist. I haven't had my kids help me with chores before (aside from picking up toys and such) because I know they won't do a good enough job and I'll just have to go behind them and do it over again, so why go through the energy of instructing them if I just have to do it myself later?
I've given in and realized that with the work load the kids put on me everyday, I've got to have them help me, and most kids their age are doing stuff, so I might as well train them.
They've been wanting to help with various tasks for a while, but I just wasn't ready for their help and the extra work it would undoubtedly create.
But, I feel overwhelmed a lot, so...
I have now relinquished control of :
-setting the table (Hyatt gets cups and silverware, while Talea wipes the table and gets napkins and plates. I have to bite my tongue about her wiping skills. She IS improving though.)
-doing the dishes (They're allowed to put away plastic dishes and let me help them put the soap in the dispenser. They have to clear their own plates from the table too.)
-sorting clothes and rotating the laundry from the washer to the dryer (Tilly sorts and Hyatt often helps her, and aside from putting the detergent in the dispenser, Tilly does the laundry. She even helps me fold when I let her.)
Their favorite part of doing the laundry? Cleaning out the lint trap! I can even use that chore as a prize for them! Crazy!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that they love to help. Dakota's very good like too. But my kids don't do half so much. I need to get them into gear!
Post a Comment