Last year they were the 3 little pigs and the
The year before, when Paisli hadn't been born yet, they were a princess, a knight, and a dragon.
This year, we had a wedding reception/family get-together to attend on Halloween night (this picture was taken there, afterward), then we trick-or-treated in a podunk, tiny town where we didn't know of any good neighborhoods, so the treats were scarce, but that's kind of nice so I don't have the temptation of tons of candy lying around.
This year, we had an English Halloween, simply because I had put off planning costumes until hours before it was time for trick-or-treating. I recycled several costumes from previous years.
We had a king,
a peasant,
a princess,
a knight,
and a dragon.
The dragon costume has been used by all four of the kids now. Paisli is above.
Here is Kiersa
Hyatt
and Talea
As far as decorations go, I actually did A LOT of decorating! Well, a lot for me.
Here is my ghoulish display.
I covered my candle and cut spooky silhouettes to shine through. I also put a scared black cat on top so the candle light would magnify its shadow onto the wall.
I dripped wax over my candles, to look like dripping blood, except my candle was more maroon than red so the wax is a little purple-looking instead of red. Win some, lose some, as my mom would say.
My ghosts... finished, in all their goopy, rusty glory.
Spiderwebs in the entry!
Bats on the freezer.
The idea came from this picture, which was either from Martha Stewart or Country Living. Martha gave me the mouse silhouettes and most of my ideas.
Mice all around the house.
And one huge pumpkin with stick-on decorations, instead of carving.
Here's the other side.
I better start now for next year's costumes if I want to have something original, rather than recycling!















![[halloween-decor-1.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEge2_1NMmEOf5pzed7UOnwQryVeZiJFAiRZLI4RydXSeOO7rFvBFXWlAKQ5A_SZPlhbbZXiqsKihFVlkjjZ-KvpcZ8Q5qOlW6Q0DdQCvcfO9GcIK5N7pGehbqkjk3C1Kawh0h827hwPfmp5/s1600/halloween-decor-1.jpg)


1 comment:
LOVE that you have themey family costumes and love the decorations in your house this year! You've really stepped it up in the area of holiday celebrations! The batty fridge and the little mice are my fav. I want to make some of those cheese cloth ghosts too! I remember them from when we were kids.
You should do a tag on all your crafty posts so we can go back for reference!
Post a Comment