
As with all my projects, I hit several snags.
First, I couldn't find any liquid starch like the instructions online said to use. So I settled for spray-on starch in a spray bottle. I just took off the sprayer and poured the starch into a bowl. I soaked the cheesecloth in it, but it really didn't make it stiff enough to hold a ghost shape.
So, next, I resorted to a cornstarch recipe, but since I couldn't dip the cheesecloth in the bowl (it was already semi-stiff on the forms), I had to just wipe it on with my fingers, so then it looked all lumpy and gluey.
I wanted the ghosts to look flowy, so I used blocks to prop up the ends. It was...okay. Not great by any means.
The wires I used ended up rusting, so the hands of the ghosts are a little reddish. So annoying!
Why can't the things I picture in my head turn out how I want them to? Final pictures will be later when I post about my Halloween decor.

1 comment:
I think they DID turn out cute, but I know what you mean about it. Just think of it as a practice for the perfect ones you'll make next year. And please tag these craft posts so I can find them again. I want to do ghosts next Halloween.
Post a Comment