Sunday, November 7, 2010

NEW LIGHTS

This trailer came with hideous lights. Luckily, we brought several ceiling fans with us, and found some cheap "boob" lights at Lowes to replace the porcupine ball lights everywhere else.

This was the nasty living room fan, complete with mirrors on the ceiling. Hmmm...reminds me of our wedding night suite at Ashland Hills Inn.

Ahhh....much better. Simple. Understated. And no mirrors. We had to leave the big strip for fear that we'd have to patch the dumb popcorn ceiling if we took it down. Painting it white helped it to disappear.

This is the dining room fan, complete with years of dust and a nasty used tissue on top.

I like a real chandelier in a dining room...and this one was cheap!

The kitchen sink had an off-center porcupine light, so we put up a pendant and centered it with a hook. This shade was the only one I could afford at the time (obviously too short for the bulb).

I later upgraded the shade to this.

The bathroom Hy and I use had a porcupine light also. It was the last of the prickly lights to go.

We put a pendant here also since the light was in the ceiling rather than on the wall.
I'm dying to replace the lights in the master bathroom, or at least paint the gold bits silver, but they'll have to wait.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

Wow! So much better! Mirrors on the ceilings?! Really?!