I haven't lived near a drive-in since they had one in Provo back in my college days. Rexburg has one, and Idaho Falls has two! I'm pretty excited about that! We can take our entire family to see two movies for less than the price of tickets for two at the Rex theater in town, and we don't disturb anyone!
Hyrum took out the back two benches in the van, put the couch cushions and pillows down for a bed, grabbed the down comforters, and we took off on our first entire-family movie adventure.
Last Song and Bounty Hunter were playing, and though they were just okay in my opinion, I was having a blast! It felt like camping! We turned the back of the van to the screen, opened the back doors and watched.
It was pretty darn cold, and we'd bring more sleeping bags next time, but it was so fun!
You can even make out just for fun so you can say you made out at a drive-in!
The kids watched a movie in the front on the lap top and then fell asleep on the front seats and the bed. We so want to support this theater so it stays open! It seems like a rarity to find a drive-in anymore.
And just so you know, we are official Idahoans now, since we just registered the van in Idaho and have Idaho plates.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
So jealous! I love the drive in!
Post a Comment