Yes, it's true. I, Tiana Lila Johnson, BAKED COOKIES!!!! I know, I know. Hard to believe. But it's TRUE!
Normally, I never bake cookies, or any naughty treats for that matter, because then I'm trapped in the house with them and can't keep my hands off them, which in turns pads my thighs and belly nicely, which I don't appreciate.
So, since Hyrum is a cookie lover, HE usually bakes the cookies and zucchini bread and such. He can only go so long without a sweet treat, so when he feels deprived enough, or if company comes over, he breaks out the mixer and goes to town.
But, in an effort to have more holiday spirit, I decided to try out a new chocolate chip cookie recipe that is so called "fool-proof" (courtesy of my friend Lesa Sears), and since it's April Fool's Day, I decided to "tweak" them a little.
If I altered the ingredients, I knew I'd get the groans from my family, so instead, Talea and I decided to dye them...purple!!!
Well, actually, they turned out more like the color of cadaver skin since the dough starts out a brown color, and adding red and blue to that creates a rather greyish, dead-flesh color.
But hey! Perfect for April Fool's, right?
Happily, the dough is by far the best ever chocolate chip cookie dough I've ever tasted!
Sadly, the oven seems to bake the fabulousness right out of the foolish dough. For some reason, the dough wasn't that great once it was in cookie form. Maybe they flopped because it was difficult to see when they were the perfect golden color, since they were greyish-purple. Maybe it was because I have a new oven, or high altitude. In any case, they weren't repeatable. They were too crunchy, yet rawish, at the same time.
Again, perfect for April Fool's Day!!?
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yeah, those looked nasty - perfect for April Fools. Glad to see you're celebrating the odd holidays though. It'll all pay off someday when your kids look back at all the fun stuff they did growing up.
LOVE the new pics of the kids on the sidebar, by the way. LOVE, LOVE!
Post a Comment