First we had Hyatt's party while we were in Orem for the weekend. The kids love playing at Aunt Maren's house!
(The babies are watching the big kids out the window.)
Then the kids and I went up to Bountiful to Aunt Teresa's house so we could stay there for a week to help her with her yard and to see Tasha who was in town with her girls for the week.
Of course one of Tilly's favorite things about Teresa's house are the reptiles (though the snake is gone). She LOVES the bearded dragon and wore it as often as she was allowed.
She'd kiss it,and pretend to be scared of it,
and she wanted to keep it, but when it pooped the biggest, slimiest, nastiest, STINKIEST poo ever, and then I (not she) got to clean it up off her clothes, I decided there was no way it was coming home with us. Besides, we have no room for a dragon cage in our tiny place.
Hyatt, not being an animal/critter lover AT ALL, found it entertaining to climb the furniture. It's always fun to use bunkbeds as jungle gyms!
I busted Rain sneaking snacks while watching movies. Tilly loves playing with her!
I'm just throwing this one of Kiersa in because it's a face you commonly see on her. She just studies people, as though she's reading their soul. I'd call it staring, except she blinks.
It ended up snowing 6 inches or so of snow right after we arrived, so the yard work was put on hold for a bit. Then while Teresa had to do an unexpected hospital run for Darin, I borrowed her van and took her girls and my kids to go see Tasha, Cage and Dru, and everyone at Dave's house (Dave is Cage's dad).
They know how to entertain! They're late eaters, but man the pizza was great! Dave's girlfriend teaches yoga so she's got these sling/swings hanging up in the living room, and the kids were going wild!! They loved them! Look at how many kids squished into one! Hyatt, Talea, Star, Rain and Dru!
Kiersa and Paisli even had a blast swinging together.
And let's not forget the dart guns. Of course those were a hit.
Tasha found her heads she carved when she was around 18. Dave had them all this time! Good thing! I thought they were lost.
I wish I lived closer to Tasha. We just may move to San Diego or somewhere close to get Hyrum's nursing experience before we go over the road when he's a travel nurse. She'll get her fill of me then.
After all the chaos of 10 kids and 5 adults in one house eating and swinging was wound down, we headed back to Teresa's.
Paisli and Rocky were partners in crime: raiding the chip box, dumping the dog water, dropping their food on the floor...
I did manage to do a little bit of yard work before I left, but not much, and of course I forgot to take any before and after pictures. It was fun week anyway. I know Teresa's family got their fill of Johnsons I'm sure!






1 comment:
Looks fun! All but the dragon poo!
Post a Comment