Thursday, September 9, 2010

FIRST DAY OF NURSING SCHOOL

 So after all the stress about whether or not Hyrum would get into nursing school (it's notoriously extremely difficult to get accepted into the BYU-I program), the day has finally arrived! Hyrum is finally starting his first day! He has his official scrubs, which are super comfy by the way, and I sewed the patches on his and several other students' scrubs.

He even got some fancy-schmancy nursing shoes (white leather-oh boy!). These shoes are great for if you're on your feet all day, and if you have back or ankle problems (which Hy happens to have both). Don't laugh, they're really functional and comfortable, and I even got a pair too (since I have even worse back and ankle problems...though mine look like tennis shoes, not nursing shoes). No, they don't make you jump high. No you don't feel like you're in high heels. They feel like regular shoes. They just absorb a ton more shock and force you to step straight so you don't roll your ankles.

3 comments:

Gotolson said...

they look like High Heel Witches shoes!!! Awesome!

Cindi said...

Hyrum, I adore you. You know I do. And I'm proud of you for getting into nursing school. And I hope those shoes are as helpful and comfortable as Tiana claims... that said... they're a little ummm hideous! ;) I agree with Gotolson... High Heel Witch Shoes. lol

The Lanyons said...

Wow. I've never seen anyone wearing anything like that before. They look a tad dangerous! They seem to have built in springboards! I can just see him Tiggering around the hospital!