Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BOOT RACK

Living in a snowy place has a really annoying indoor drawback. The MOUNTAIN of boots, mittens, gloves, hats, scarves, snow suits, coats etc that are all everyday essentials collect by both doors until the doors are barricaded shut by the mess.

I hung up some coat hooks for suits and coats, but the boots were still a huge problem. I wanted a boot rack, so I looked online and found a pretty neat one. There were no instructions though, and I, being a copycat, NEED instructions so I can replicate other people's cool ideas. I had to recruit Hyrum to help me come up with a pattern that would work.

And here is the end result. Nothing fancy, and certainly rough around the edges, but functional and kind of cool-looking, for a boot rack anyway.

Front door (holds 6 pairs).

 Back door (holds 3 pairs). The racks can hold the boots up or down.

1 comment:

The Lanyons said...

I love how you always look for cool solutions to your problems. This is a great idea.